An oil change is more than just switching out oil or replacing a simple filter. When done regularly, this low-cost, routine maintenance step can extend your engine’s life and save thousands of dollars in repairs.
Choosing the Right Oil for Your Ride
Knowing what oil to feed your engine can keep you on the road—and out of the repair shop—longer.
- Conventional Oil. Conventional oil has long been used to boost engine performance and protect against rust, sludge, and other car-killers. But with synthetic blends and full synthetic oil offering greater performance and protection, many shops are phasing out conventional motor oil altogether.
- High Mileage Oil. High mileage oil was developed specifically for vehicles over 75,000 miles. It can help replenish worn and leaking seals, reduce oil consumption, and improve engine performance.
- (Recommended) Synthetic Blend Oil. Synthetic blends offer better engine protection (including in extreme conditions), performance, cleaning, and fuel-economy than conventional oil, but at a lower cost than full synthetic.
- (Recommended) Full Synthetic Oil. Synthetic motor oil is recommended by an increasing number of vehicle manufacturers. It offers the highest level of engine protection and performance.
At Mountain Auto, we want your engine to have the best, which is why we always use full synthetic or a synthetic blend.
“How Often Do I Need an Oil Change?”
You should bring your car in for an oil change every 3,000 miles (typically about 3 months).
Even brand new vehicles should stick to this 3,000 mile estimate to avoid damaging the engine, especially in extreme conditions or if you are frequently braking and accelerating.
Get an email reminder (and a discount) when it’s time for your next oil change.
Mountain Auto Repair Oil Change
Every oil change at Mountain Auto Repair includes:
- Oil change (with full synthetic or a synthetic blend)
- Component inspection
- Check and fill essential fluids
- Check filters
- Check tire pressure
- Check brakes
Let our ASE Certified mechanics recommend the best oil for your vehicle.
Don’t wait until your engine’s dry. Bring your car or truck into Mountain Auto Repair in North Boulder for an oil change today!